The Real Estate Exchange, the premier commercial real estate organization in Connecticut and one of 74 Chapters of the nearly eight thousand member national CREW Network, provides the opportunity for professionals in the local and regional commercial real estate industry to celebrate another year of successes and completed projects. On April 4, 2012, it announced the winners of its 17th Annual Blue Ribbon Awards Showcase in Hartford, CT. This showcase is the most significant annual awards event in commercial real estate in Connecticut and a celebration of excellence in the industry.
Award entries are for developers, designers/builders, corporate real estate departments, economic development agencies, architects, engineers, planners, brokers, and other real estate professionals to enter and showcase their projects. On behalf of LEARN, JCJ Architecture submitted the application for the Marine Science Magnet High School building.
The Blue Ribbon Award Categories are as follows:
· Best In Class: Multifamily Residential, Industrial, Educational, Commercial
· Best Specialty Project (ie. Historic, Adaptive Reuse, Community Revitalization)
· Best Sustainable Design Project
· Best Interior Design Project
· Most Significant Transaction: Office, Industrial, and Retail
· Peoples' Choice Award – voted on by attendees
· Blue Ribbon (Best Overall Project) – the judges make this selection for any nominated project.
LEARN’s Marine Science Magnet High School was named the winner of Best in Class, Educational Category:
“Marine Science Magnet High School of Southeastern Connecticut was designed to immerse students in a dynamic setting for the hands-on study of marine science and aquaculture. Green/ sustainable features of the Groton-based school building were designed to be incorporated into the curriculum so that students participate in on-site study of the underlying science behind each system. JCJ Architecture submitted the application on behalf of LEARN Regional Education Service Center, the property owner.”